Thursday, January 25, 2007

Catching Spoils in My (World Wide) Web

Yes! I'm the third biggest comic geek on the Internet!

Well, to be technical, it's more like I'm the third geekiest among people who visit the Comic Should Be Good blog. Well, to be even more technical, it's more like I'm the third geekiest among people who visit there *and* took the time to enter this specific contest. Which, including me, is apparently a group numbering thirteen people... Ah, I'm still feeling disturbingly proud.

Also... from the linked entry: "He was cruising along until #23-26"... And here I always thought of "Yiding" as a gender-neutral name.

The e-mail informing me of my third place finish began, "I regret to inform you that you didn't win the contest. However, you are nerd enough to finish in third place!" Didn't win?? I'm getting a free graphic novel (the third place prize). I'd certainly call that a win! (Especially since, with my current financial status, I can't afford to ever try out anything new, not when there's so high a chance I won't like it. These days, I pretty much stick to works that are either by writers I trust or about characters I already like. Same with novels [of the non-graphic variety] really, but at least for that itch, I can use libraries.)

I feel I should express my gratitude in their comments section, but that'd be kind of awkward because I've never commented at their blog before. It'd almost look like I'm showing up just to brag off about getting third place. Or something. It'd be weird. I'll give my thanks in my e-mail response, I think.

P.S. I've never heard of Juan Ferreyra, but good lord, his art resembles Barry Kitson's. I'd have sworn it was the latter's work.

No comments: