Thursday, January 18, 2007

It Begins Anew

I have no idea if I had any even semi-regular visitors at some point (Magic 8-Ball says, "No."), but if I did, they've probably been driven off by now by my hiatus.

It was unplanned, but the previous four weeks or so were the break period between semesters, and I'd headed back home to SoCal. There, I found myself wanting to do the things I can only do there, before I had to head north again. The Internet, I can play with anywhere, after all. So the frequency of entries began tapering off until... Well, back now.

Anyway, if I hadn't been on hiatus, I would have mentioned this next item earlier: Messing around with Technorati a while back, I discovered that someone's actually put up this place in his blog-list! Clearly, he made some mistake but regardless... Thank you thank you thank you, Dave Schwartz of Washington, DC! Don't know if he'll ever see this message, but if he does, thank you, Dave Schwartz.

I don't maintain a blog-list myself because I spend too much time online as it is. Having links teasing me to click on 'em every time I pop by here isn't going to be any help on that score, so I eschew. One good deed deserves another though, so I'll be putting up a link to Mr. Schwartz's blog once I'm done with this entry.

Also, this way, if he ever does read this, he'll never take down his link to here because it'd cause tremendous guilt. Perfect!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Hey there Yiding,
No, I didn't make a mistake! I found your blog from a link on Neilalien, I believe it was. I enjoyed your Non-Fan Perspective series so I put a link up on my humble, occasionally-updated blog. I just link to other blogs that I enjoy reading, regardless of how popular or well-known they are. Keep doing what you do!
Dave

Yiding said...

Thanks again, Dave!
When I saw the Technorati link, I assumed yours was simply one of those comic blog-lists that try to list every single comic blog in existence. Hence, the inclusion of mine. You cannot imagine how surprised and pleased I was to learn that, instead, mine was one of a only a dozen or so links.

I created my blog as a way to keep my fingers busy so that I'd spend less time web-surfing. As such, I'd keep blogging even if no one ever read my blog. Nonetheless, to know that someone's enjoying even some of the entries -- I have to say, it's darn cool.

And keep on doing what you're doing, too. I really like the wide scope of comics topics you cover at your blog.