Saturday, February 10, 2007

Curiosity's Colors

Here's something weird.

IGN.com's put up an interview with Mark Waid. Go there and ye shall find six never-before-seen pages from the upcoming premiere ish of THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD. Now read them. Within their panels, the fact that Green Lantern's no longer vulnerable to yellow is mentioned not once but twice. Heck, it seems to be a marginally important plot point.

So why does he keep attacking the yellow monster by using his ring to hurl bat-memorabilia at it, by attacking it indirectly, like he'd do if the vulnerability was still extant?

Were there some last minute changes to the script?

An even better question, why am I writing about something so trivial? Mmm.

That said, those pages are looking like good stuff. I know I'll be making the purchase.

Also, I provide the following note in a sad bid to increade my fan-cred: I was originally going to name this entry "I Am Curious (about Yellow)." But I realized the famed Lois Lane story was actually called "I Am Curious (Black)." I was confusing it with "I Am Curious (Yellow)," the film its title was a riff on.

No comments: