Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Alan Davism, Part One

Not a typo but rather another one of my oh-so-clever plays on words.

I found myself poking around Alan Davis's official website and, man alive, I've just become an even bigger fan of his work!

Why? The answer to that question lies in the answer to the next: What's wrong with the following picture, available at his site?


Absolutely nothing, that's what. Yet Davis still went to the trouble of redrawing and retracing it onto a new board because he wasn't satisfied with the results. And it's not the only example of him doing so on his website. This man takes the time to redo perfectly acceptable images to make them even better.

And that's Reason One why Alan Davis rocks: "Good enough" apparently *isn't* good enough for him.
***
And while I'm on the subject of his webpage, I'll take the opportunity to encourage going for a visit. Not only does it contain other examples of pages with which he wasn't satisfied, it has all sorts of other neat little bits of graphite beauty as well. Make sure you stop by only when you have lots of free time; you just might find it difficult to tear away.

No comments: